A youthful collective of artists dominate this week’s gigs around the city and Getintothis’ Simon Kirk dishes the details.
Well, these nights are pulling out and we must say, it’s a welcoming change.
Not to put the mockers on mother nature, but it’s getting to that time when we wipe the dust off those summer records in anticipation for long nights and warmer weather.
And, of course, this includes the new Real Estate album which feels like it’s set to feature quite heavily in the coming months.
This week features a slew of of nice intimidate shows dotted around the city this week.
Sadly, the Melon Yellow set for The Invisible Wind Factory this Saturday has been postponed until September, but have no fear – there’s still plenty around over the weekend to keep you occupied
And since The Derby isn’t until Monday, ditch the Red/Blue aggro and get yourselves out to one of these gigs instead.
Enjoy your Sunday and the week ahead.
Parrjazz presents The Sam Leak Trio: Liverpool Philharmonic Music Room, Tuesday March 10
Pianist/composer, Same Leak performs as The Sam Leak Trio at the Philharmonic on Tuesday.
It’s a great coup from the fine folk at Parrjazz with Leak‘s latest album, 2019’s Adrift, garnering rave reviews from the jazz community and beyond.
Chloe Foy: Studio2 Parr Street, Tuesday March 10
Manchester songstress, Chloe Foy, returns to Liverpool at Studio 2 Parr Street.
A purveyor of gorgeous folks numbers, Foy is back on Merseyside in support of her brand new EP, Callous Copper, which was released in February.
Beach Riot: Sound Basement, Thursday March 12
Brighton scuzz pop four piece, Beach Riot, bring the good times to Sound on Thursday night.
Their new single, Turn in, Drop Out, was released earlier this year and there very well could be an album in the offing later in the year.
Julia Bardo: Studio2 Parr Street, Friday March 13
Having moved from Brescia, Italy to Manchester, Julia Bardo (Working Men’s Club) continues the strong week at Studio Parr Street.
Blurred Bagel Presents V Sallow Pillow, Tundra Love: Sound Basement, Friday March 13
Blurred Bagel returns this Friday with more noisy chaos to emanate from the Sound Basement.
Leading the line will be local garage rockers, Sallow Pillow followed closely by sludge merchants, Tundra Love. Good one here, folks.
Romeo Stodart: The Music Room, Philharmonic Hall, Sunday March 15
The Magic Numbers‘ Romeo Stodart plays a rare solo show on Sunday night in Phil’ Music Room.
While there hasn’t been mention of a new solo album, we’re sure Stodart will play plenty of Magic Numbers ditties, including material from the band’s latest album, 2018’s Outsiders.
The best of the rest:
- Wide Eyed Boy: Jimmy’s Liverpool, Thursday March 12
- Dramalove: The Jacaranda, Thursday March 12
- Pastel: The Jacaranda, Friday March 13
- This Feeling: Phase One, Friday March 13
- Venus DeMilo plus special guests: EBGB’s, Friday March 13
- Space: Jimmy’s, Friday March 13
- Sanctus 003 – Ominous Vibrations: 24 Kitchen Street, Friday March 13
- LUNA Presents: Hello Earth EP launch: St Brides Church, Friday March 13
- Parrjazz Presents The Lotus Blossoms: Ma Boyles Alehouse And Eatery, Saturday March 14
- The Boston Shakers single launch: Phase One, Saturday March 14
- Bloc Presents Mark Broom: Invisible Wind Factory Substation, Saturday March 14
- SYFTA, Saytr Play: The Zanzibar, Saturday March 14
- Old Skool: Slipmatt, DJ Storm, 2 Bad Mice, ASOK, Mike Knowler: 24 Kitchen Street, Saturday March 14
- The Lottery Winners acoustic in-store & signing: The Jacaranda, Sunday March 15
- Spizzenergi: 40 years since Erics closed: Jimmy’s, Sunday March 15