With the news that Jon Hopkins is set to tour Europe in 2020, Getintothis’ Max Richardson brings you the latest.
Jon Hopkins, possibly the UK’s favourite current IDM producer, is set to tour the UK next year as part of an exhaustive European tour.
Beginning with UK and Ireland dates, the Polarity tour will continue to visit France, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, and Germany, before finishing in the Netherlands.
Following Hopkins’ previous tour, Singularity, Polarity will see Hopkins performing on grand pianos, fusing together both aggressive and fragile timbres to create lush soundscapes.
Hopkins’ latest album, Singularity, was well received by fans and critics alike, receiving more than its fair share of airplay on BBC 6 Music, largely due to the top quality singles on the album such as Emerald Rush.
Hopkins previously performed in Liverpool earlier this year as part of the BBC 6 Music Festival, performing in the intimate confines of Mountford Hall to a hugely enthused crowd.
The Polarity tour will see Hopkins joined by a small ensemble of musicians to interpret his works in seated venues, a new avenue for the producer that is sure to be memorable, and will see Hopkins forced to ditch the safety of the dance-floor he is seemingly accustomed to.
Catch Hopkins performing at:
- March 4 – Edinburgh, Usher Hall
- March 5 – Gateshead, Sage Gateshead
- March 6 – Dublin, Bord Gais Energy Theatre
- March 13 – Manchester, Bridgewater Hall
- March 14 – Bath, The Forum
- March 15 – Brighton, Dome
- March 18 – London, Royal Albert Hall
- March 20 – Paris, Salle Pleyel
- March 25 – Copenhagen, DR Koncerthuset – Koncertsalen
- March 26 – Stockholm, Gota Lejon
- March 27 – Oslo, Sentrum Scene
- March 29 – Helsinki, Helsinki Music Centre
- March 31 – Hamburg, Laeiszhalle
- April 1 – Brussels, Cirque Royal
- April 2 – Berlin, Philharmonie
- April 4 – The Hague, Rewire