After another busy seven days of gig reviews, news stories and new releases, Getintothis’ Max Richardson rounds up the goings on of the week.
Well, it’s Sunday yet again – the perfect day to check out some new music with the Grand Prix subtly running on the telly in the background.
This week however, this writer has only been touching base again with the classics, listening to some of the greats like Marvin Gaye’s What’s Going On, Roy Harper’s Stormcock and Queen’s A Day At The Races.
Sometimes, there really is no comfort better than those albums you know back to front – it seems to have been one of those weeks for me at least.
Don’t get me wrong, I always love discovering new releases, but there’s definitely something to be said for giving those albums you’ve listened to a thousand times before yet another spin – and no doubt discovering something new you’ve never noticed before.
If you haven’t yet heard Psychodrama, it goes without saying that it’s well worth a spin. The 11-track album lasts for a lengthy 51 minutes, 11 of which are spent on the superb Lesley – a real standout track.
Anyway, without further ado – let’s see the top five stories and gigs of the week here on Getintothis:
Getintothis’ top five most-read stories of the week:
- Leaf on Smithdown Road in Liverpool to open in September – exclusive
- Baltic Triangle St James’ railway station boost – Liverpool businesses on its potential impact to the area
- Shack’s Michael Head reveals new album as John Head returns with Christmas gig
- CD sales hit crisis point as UK listeners clear their shelves for streaming
- Top 10: Supergrass
Getintothis’ top five most-read gigs of the week:
- Krankenhaus 2019 review, photo gallery and what we learned from Muncaster Castle
- RATS, FACTORY, The Kairos, Alan Triggs: Arts Club
- The Seamonsters, Ana Mae, Hilmari: Studio 2, Liverpool
- The Snuts: Arts Club, Liverpool
- WSTR, Bronnie, Gen & The Degenerates, Overset, Gold Bloom: Phase One, Liverpool