Liverpool Olympia signs deal with Eventim and announces Seasick Steve date ahead of new album

Seasick Steve

Seasick Steve

The Olympia has big news, and Getintothis’ Lewis Ridley looks forward to Seasick Steve’s twangs at the revitalised venue later this year.

Liverpool’s Olympia has today announced a partnership with German ticketing agency Eventim, which includes naming rights for the L6 venue.

The venue retains 60% of tickets to sell via Eventim, leaving 40% for the promoter to be allocated through their preferred channels.

Eventim UK CEO Nick Blackburn said: “Our commitment to the Eventim Olympia goes far beyond sponsorship. We are working jointly with our partners, Argent Leisure and VMS Live, to ensure that this venue, with all its rich tradition, will continue to provide a welcoming home for artists and fans.”

This venue news comes alongside the announcement of multi-instrumentalist blues musician Seasick Steve announcing a gig at the Eventim Olympia as part of a UK tour.

The California artist is touring in support of his new album, Can U Cook, which will be released on September 28.

He’ll come to Liverpool on Tuesday, November 20, the penultimate night of his time in the UK.




Leave a Reply